Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gift Boxes

These are two gift boxes that I have made with recent classes. The first is a chinese take-out box. I purchased these in bulk at a local restaurant supply store.

For the box, we used a New England Ivy panel cut to fit the front of the box - it is glued on with Glue Dots. (The surface of the box is coated and shiny. I figured the Glue Dots would keep that first layer securely attached to the box better than just glue or Tombow.)

The tag is inked first in Colonial White ink, then
"rolled" on Vineyard Berry to ink only the sentiment and the edges of the tag. The center label was stamped in New England Ivy ink. The holly and berries were stamped, cut out and glued on at an angle.

Then we created a tag for the top of the box and tied it on along with a couple extra pieces of coordinating ribbon.















This adorable box is made with QBee's peek-a-boo box template found at www.splitcoaststampers.com. It is an awesome little box. We used the same stamps and colors on this one.

Inside is a special treat of Andes mints - one of my favorites!!! The window is covered with a piece of transparency.


Supplies used:
Cardstock - White Daisy, New England Ivy - Close To My Heart
Stamps - Vintage Christmas - Close To My Heart
Inks - New England Ivy, Vineyard Berry - Close To My Heart Exclusive Inks Stamp Pads
Ribbon - Vineyard Berry Organdy, New England Ivy Organdy, and New England Ivy Grosgrain - Close To My Heart

1 comment:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I love doing box type projects -- this is just an adorable little set -- TFS!!!