Thursday, March 5, 2009

Taffy Rose


This is a really soft, pretty card. I used Taffy and Garden Green for colors. Cardstock is White Daisy, Taffy and Garden Green. I first cut the two colored strips to the size I wanted for the front of the card - and initially they were to be stuck right up next to each other, but when I started to put it all together I really liked it better with about a 1/8th inch gap between them.

I used a sanding block and sanded both pieces all over, paying special attention to the edges. Then I tied a small piece of Taffy organdy ribbon around the bottom of the GG piece.

For the rose, I stamped the outline detail image in Garden Green ink and colored in the leaves with the GG marker. Then I stamped the solid inside of the rose with Taffy ink, and sponged around the edges of the panel with Taffy as well.

The final step before putting it all together was to pierce holes in two corners for a faux stitched look.

Have a blessed day!

(All supplies are CTMH.)

No comments: