Wednesday, March 4, 2009

miss you....

Yesterday I made time for myself to sit and stamp and just play...not getting ready for a class, not because I had to, but just to play. Forgot what that felt like!!! It was wonderful and fun, and refreshing!!

I challenged myself to use stamps that were NOT Close To My Heart. I stamped for 8 years before becoming a CTMH Consultant and I have a pretty big collection of "other" stamps that haven't gotten much use in the last 10 years. So, I decided that I was going to play with some of those. (Don't get me wrong...I love my CTMH classes and stamps!!)

This was a delightful card to make - mostly because there was no time deadline or pressure to make it!

So, I stamped the fish bowl in black in on White Daisy cardstock and made mask for the bottom part. Then I stamped the sea plant twice with Topiary ink, and colored it in with a Citrus Leaf Green marker. I stamped the goldfish in Black ink and colored it in with a Sunflower marker and went over that with my waterbrush and ink from my Orange ink pad. He's really quite pretty up close. I used the two markers to make "gravel" at the bottom of the bowl and finished by using the waterbrush and inks to paint the bottom of the bowl a light orange to reflect the "countertop" underneath and also highlighted some areas of the bowl with Citrus Leaf Green.

I used a standard size card of Citrus Leaf Green cardstock and used a corner rounder on the top two corners to match the feel of the fish bowl. For the countertop, I used a strip of orange cardstock and dry embossed the lines into it at 1/4" apart. Then I sanded the entire piece and attached it to the bottom of the card. I also sanded around the edges of the card.

Finally, I attached the fishbowl and stamped "miss you..." in black ink at the top corner.

Love it! It'll be going out in the mail to a dear friend of mine I only get to see once every few years...hope she likes it!

Thanks for stopping by today, hope your day is blessed in many ways!

Supplies:
Cardstock - White Daisy, Citrus Leaf Green, Orange - CTMH
Inks - Black, Topiary, and Citrus Leaf Greeen, Sunflower markers - CTMH
Stamps: Goldfish - PSX, Sea plant - Stamps in Motion, Fishbowl - Rubber Stampede, sentiment - SU!


No comments: