Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kissed Hello

This card uses a simple technique called stamp kissing. I used Cottage Floral, and the colors are Bubblegum, Watermelon and Citrus Leaf Green. I also used a small piece of old Bubblegum organdy ribbon.

The flowers on the main part of of the card are kissed - the dotted background stamp (from Spot On Backgrounds) is mounted on its own block and left uninked. The flower (from Cottage Floral) is inked in Watermelon ink. Then I stamped it onto the uninked background stamp, and stamped it onto my cardstock. You can see that I also did a few second generation prints as well. The leaves are stamped as is - no kissing.

For the flower on the sentiment panel I used the kiss-and-twist technique. So this time, I inked the flower in Bubblegum ink, and the spotted background in Watermelon ink. Then I stamped the flower onto the background stamp and gave it a little twist. The result is the fun blurred lines from some of the spots, and the dual color. I cut out and attached this flower with a piece of foam tape to give it some extra dimension.

The "Hello" sentiment is from Say it in Style and is stamped twice in Bubblegum and once in Watermelon ink.

Hope your day is bright and happy! Thanks for stopping by!

(All supplies are CTMH)

No comments: