Thursday, May 28, 2009

On Confirmation, Graduation, and my baby going to middle school

I cannot believe how fast our children grow. My darling daughter, and baby of the family, is finishing her last few days of elementary school. In the fall she will be in middle school - wow! I look at her and I see a beautiful young girl who is growing so quickly into a beautiful young lady.

My middle child who is 14, will be getting confirmed at church this weekend. He's been through four years of studies for this. Our Pastor showed me the powerpoint show he put together for the celebratory dinner on Friday night - all those kids have changed so much in the four years they've been together! Just amazing to see the changes - not only in their faith life, but also in their personal lives and growth.

My oldest, who just turned 18 a couple weeks ago, graduates from high school next weekend. I am completely dumbfounded....how can my sweet baby boy be a grown young man ready to go out on his own?? I am having such a hard time letting go and yet, I can see that he is ready and I have raised him well. He's going to do great!

It's such a bittersweet time right now. I love my kids so much and I want them to grow and flourish - but I wish it wasn't all happening so fast!

Hug your kids today, love them, and make sure they know it!!

1 comment:

Joan B said...

I know. I have a son 18 and graduating also and I can't stand it. ((hugs))