Saturday, November 29, 2008

Snowflake Wreath?

I have seen several examples from last year and again this year in which a stamper used a snowflake to create a beautiful wreath. So, the other day when I was looking at my Feathery Flakes set, I thought, "I'm gonna try it! Can't be that hard!"

Well, my first attempt was a disaster - totally wrong snowflake. So I tried it with a small flake from that set - and look what I got!!! I love it!

I lightly traced a circle on my White Daisy cardstock and then stamped one ring of snowflakes all the way around the circle. Then I turned the flake, and stamped around again over and between the flakes in the first round. I did a few in second generation, too. (I erased the pencil circle with a good eraser.) I added "berries" by sticking on some red sparkles and a cranberry organdy ribbon at the top.

Lovely!

The wreath is stamped in Sweet Leaf ink and the wreath panel is layered on another panel of Sweet Leaf cardstock. The word Christmas is stamped in Cranberry ink.

Here is a close up of the wreath.

Hope you have a great weekend!

(All supplies are Close To My Heart)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your snowflake wreath card!

ScrappyStuff said...

very cool! i wanna try that too! ...
thanks for stopping by my Blog,
pop back over and play "name that tune"
... if you want.
tfs.
toni