Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fun Birthday card

I made this card last week for my brother-in-law. I used the Sarsparilla paper packet and the Star Struck stamp set for this card. I also used a dimensional elements letter "d" and covered it with one of the coordinating papers from the paper packet. I used the new files to distress the edges of the cardstock layered under the cut out stars and to clean off and distress the edges of the letter. I twined some hemp around the stars and glued it in place with a couple drops of liquid glass. I also sanded the top piece of old Bark cardstock and then inked the sanded places with the Barn Red ink and a sponge applicator. The stars were stamped in Barn Red and Black inks.

On the inside of the card I inked the sentiment in Barn Red and rolled the edges in black. The sentiment is from the Happy Birthday set (one of my favorites because it has Happy Birthday in a fun variety of fonts.) Then I added the stars and the circle image as accents.


(All supplies are CTMH)

No comments: