Monday, October 22, 2007

Gobble Turkey


Isn't he the cutest?? I saw other samples of a similar turkey and HAD to make one of my own! I made the pattern for the body using my circle Coluzzle. The wings are from a pattern I drew. The beak pieces were cut out free-hand. I used an emery board to sand around the edges of the body and the wings, and the beak.

The feathers are stamped with Sunflower, and Autumn Terracotta ink on Sunflower cardstock; and Barn Red and Goldrush ink on Bamboo cardstock. The "feathers" are petals from the Playful Petals stamp set - creative, huh? Can't take credit for it because I copied the idea, but I love it!! The eyes are stamped in black with a small circle stamp from the same stamp set. And I used our White Daisy marker to color the white spots. It was like magic! At first I thought my marker wasn't working (first time I'd used it) and then as the ink dried the white appeared. Very cool!

The sentiment was printed from my computer and cut apart. The background behind the turkey is New England Ivy cardstock, and the card itself is Bamboo cardstock.

Go ahead, Gobble till you Wobble!

No comments: