Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Find Your Style - Butterfly

So, I went to work on my photos and realized that I hadn't installed my camera's software for editing, etc. Took me a while to figure that out, though....sad! Anyway, I have several cards to share over the next few days, and this is the first installment.

I used the CTMH Stamp of the Month set - Find Your Style. It is such a fun set to use! This butterfly was inked with 3 different colors. First I used Creme Brulee on the whole image, then rolled the edges of the butterfly in Juniper. Finally I rolled just the very edge in Cocoa and stamped it on my cardstock. The word "Soar" was added to the lower corner, also in Cocoa.

You can't see it very well in this photo, but the outer edges of the butterfly have also been clear embossed. After cleaning off the stamp, I rolled the edges of the stamp on my Versamark pad and stamped over the colored image. After sprinkling on clear embossing powder and heating it, the image has pretty sparkly edges. This technique is a really neat way to add a little sparkle and glitz!

The butterfly is layered on Cocoa cardstock, which is then layered on B&T from the Veranda paper packet. The last touch is a bow of Creme Brulee grosgrain ribbon.

Come back on Thursday for another card with Find Your Style...

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Love the soft colours you chose....beautiful job!

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Love butterflies!