Saturday, April 5, 2008

Embossed flowers

This stamp set was the March stamp of the month - Simple Beauty. I used a simple embossing technique on this card that makes it easy to coordinate your embossed images with your stamped images.

To begin, stamp the image you want to emboss on the back side of your cardstock. Place the cardstock - stamped image up - on a thin mat, and using an embossing stylus and firm (not hard or you'll punch through your cardstock) pressure, trace around the image. This will push, or emboss, the image into your cardstock. When you have as much of the image embossed as you like, turn the cardstock over and go over the image lightly with sandpaper. Because CTMH's cardstock has a white core, you get this great look when sanded.

Once sanded, I adhered the cardstock panel to the front of my card. Then I stamped the coordinating flower image on a smaller white panel and colored it with my CTMH markers - Garden Green, Olive, Buttercup and Cranberry. This was layered on Cranberry cardstock and tied with a length of Cranberry Sassy Strand, and adhered to the front of the card.

If you give this technique a try, please give me a link to your creation so I can see what you've done!! Have a great weekend!

All supplies used from Close To My Heart

No comments: